Professional Teeth Whitening in Our Richardson, TX, Office
Teeth Whitening Before (left) and After (right): Our dental teeth whitening treatment produces sparkling results that are safer and more effective than at-home whitening products.
In-office dental teeth whitening is currently the most in-demand cosmetic dentistry procedure. No surprises here – it’s popular because it works. Depending on your specific case, you will likely see great improvement in the whiteness and brightness of your smile after a few weeks of our professional treatment.
Why Dentist-Supervised Teeth Whitening is Superior to At‑Home Teeth Whitening:
- In-office teeth whitening provides the quickest, most effective way to whiten your teeth. In general, whitening processes are safe and painless.
- Your dentist is able to provide whitening products with a significantly higher concentration of hydrogen peroxide than is found in over-the-counter products, meaning that you will get more visible results in less time.
- The dental whitening mouthpiece tray is customized to fit your teeth exactly and optimally spread the bleaching agent over your teeth. Custom trays are also more comfortable and, by limiting seepage of the bleaching agent from the tray, the irritation to your gums will be minimized.
- As opposed to over-the-counter products, in the office your dentist is able to take extra protective measures such as using gel or a rubber shield to protect the rest of your mouth and gums from the bleaching agent.
- The American Dental Association recommends that before starting any whitening regimen you have a check up and discussion with your dentist to develop the most effective teeth whitening treatment plan. Teeth whitening products are not effective on materials used in dental restorations and may result in uneven results.
Common side effects of teeth whitening include slight tooth sensitivity and mild irritation of the soft tissues of the mouth, which generally resolve completely in two to three days after treatment. Whitening is usually not recommended for individuals with gum disease, worn tooth enamel or untreated cavities.
To discuss your options for teeth whitening, call our office at (972) 231-5744 or contact us today.
Dr. Mirsepasi is considered one of the top prosthodontists in the Richardson area and is passionate about helping the Richardson community by restoring dental function to improve his patients’ health, confidence and appeal through the use of cosmetic dentistry.